Saturday, March 10, 2007

Shortcut: Putting Folders in Your Dock

Folders in Your Dock

This should be obvious, but it's taken me 10 years to even think about it. I now have my Applications folder, my Documents folder, and my Desktop folder in my dock. Geesh, what took so long?

When OSX came out I had been working on the previous OS versions for so long that I was used to doing certain things. Even today I have to look at the desktop for a moment to get a clue to what I'm doing. Now I can easily remember by having these alias shortcuts in my dock.

Phew. That's made my life much easier!

To do this simply click on your preferred folder and drag it to the Dock. It will place an icon to the folder similar to the icons for your apps on the right side of the window. Now when you need to immediately access your important folders you no longer need to open a new window.

No comments: